Thursday, January 27, 2011

Resolution

I just got a book from the library ( a wonderful institution of society btw) by Adrienne Martini by the title of Sweater Quest. I love this book, so far. She has an interesting tradition that I really like. Instead of making a new year resolution to live your life by or not, during the ensuing year, she picks a word to live by. Her current word is movement (for 2008). I think that I will do the same. It is very discouraging to make a resolution that will be forgotten by the end of the month of January. I will pick the word change. I have been thinking of this word for some time now and so it seems appropriate. So for 2011, I will embrace, plan for and otherwise expect changes. I sure hope they are good ones. Specifically, I want job change, body image change and time allocation changes. Wish me well :)

No comments: